Tying Up Loose Ends

 The film has been coming along nicely, with editing nearly complete. I've nearly finished my portion of editing, which I plan to completely finish over Spring Break. When finished with my current editing, I will work to aid Ariel in her remaining work and begin on the film's postcard and website. One of the biggest problems we faced with editing was background music. With no plans beforehand, I had to help come up with music on the spot. However, I found the process to be pretty fun. Especially finding common horror film sound motifs. With these, I found a theme to give Chico whenever he is on screen. This common trope of giving the killer a sound motif in horror movies is one of my favorite parts of them, so it was very cool to be able to use that method here as well. Although I previous worry I had has recently come to pass. We may not have enough footage for our film. I think the film may suffer from feeling too short with our last-minute changes. However, last minute added films may feel out of place. Although, with deadlines fast approaching, we may have to film more regardless. I plan to prevent the out of place nature of added scenes by doing sufficient planning before filming with regard to what's already filmed. This way, continuity and tone can be maintained. I also plan to discuss any extra filming with Ariel, as she may be able to provide assistance and insight. I hope to meet with Ariel during our break to discuss what we have so far, what we may need, and to finalize our project. I will also be showing the first finished draft of our film to others to be reviewed. Notes from the reviews will be taken into consideration when I plan additional scenes. I hope we will have enough footage to not require any extra scenes, but it's best to be prepared. On another note, I'm planning to do a photoshoot with Chico to get an intimidating picture for our postcard.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Simple Swap

Genre Research: Mystery