Editing with Tips (Light Review)

 Editing is all there is left to do in this project as everything has been filmed. I have begun editing the clips I filmed yesterday and forming the beginning of the film. While Ariel is the main editor of our group, I don't want to leave all the work for her. I started with sorting and transferring clips from my phone to my laptop so I could edit them properly. My phone does have a very basic editing software, but It's not enough to combine clips or add the effects I want to use. So, through WhatsApp, I transfer the videos to my laptop and search for a free editing software. I would use the one I recommended to Ariel, but it's not compatible with my current laptop. I asked for recommendations from my classmates, but most of them use editing software that isn't compatible with my laptop. I did take one suggestion from my classmate, but personally I found the software hard to navigate. I would end up using it if I couldn't find another option. Luckily, I remembered the editing software I used last year on my desktop to edit my two-minute project. This software comes with several benefits, although its compatibility with my laptop might be the best. The other three best benefits of this software are its lack of watermarks, easy guides, and familiarity. Not having to pay to remove a watermark is very important for the low budget of this film. An easy guide is also greatly appreciated as I like to try new things with my editing but am no master of editing yet. Not to mention, the guide was made by the creators of the software and comes with easy-to-follow instructional videos. I've already watched a few videos to refresh my memory of the software and found them very helpful. Speaking of my familiarity with the software is a huge factor in choosing it. As I have used the software before it took little time to refamiliarize myself with it and begin editing sooner. It's also incredibly easy to combine and edit clips, as well as adding non-diegetic sound to the film.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Storyboard Blog

Simple Swap

Genre Research: Mystery