The First Pitch : Tiny person lost in the backyard. The Second Pitch : Women learns to love programming despite misogyny. The Third Pitch : Ballsy kids get lost in the woods and slowly get scared by creepy happenings. Out of the three of these we chose the third pitc h. It would be the cheapest, the easiest, and has plenty of room in case there is the off-chance we can’t meet up as often as we wish. All woods can look the same, so we can create the appearance that we are in the same place, even if we aren’t. One of us is still a little upset about the fact that the second pitch is too difficult, but the third pitch is a good mix of simple and creative, which is exactly what we need for this class .
Common Camera Angles/Movements: Besides the standard medium shots, there were many low angle and over-the-shoulder shots in this movie. Toward the beginning there were a few well placed aerial shots, although those lessened as the movie went on. As for movements, panning left, right, and around was consistent through the movie. Common Mise-en-scence: The main setting of this movie, a private brainwashing facility on an island, had everyone in elegant costumes and make-up. The acting in this movie was subpar in my opinion. It may be due to the writing, but I felt the characters were cliché not only in their relations to the main character but also in the stereotypes they very obviously portrayed. Plus, the lighting in this movie was vivid and unique. The setting used many different colored lights and the futuristic time period allowed certain lights to wrap around the characters in a unique way. Common Editing: The only editing styles here were shot-reverse-shots, cross cutting, and eye...
The most recent filming session between myself, Ariel, and Elena was a bit different than our usual sessions, but ultimately for the better. As has become the typical, one of our actors couldn't make it to film with us. However, this may have been for the best as we didn't have a fully thought-out plan for all of our actors that day. In light of our changes to the script, I helped Ariel come up with a brief shot list the night before filming. I also helped flesh out our new story a little more, helped with the shots Ariel came up with. With this new shot list, when I arrived on the set with Ariel and Elena, I helped explain the new plan for today's filming. Ariel took focus on the shots we needed and kept us on track while I did most of the filming and directing of actors. I filmed on Ariel's phone, as it had the best quality camera among us, and led the group to each spot along the woodsy nature trail that would best suit each shot. While filming, I found I had to get...
Comments
Post a Comment